Sunday, June 7, 2009

T'was The Night Before The Wedding

The day before the wedding was not as hectic as I thought it would be. I woke up and got ready to run a few errands. I had yet to do my nails, my pedi, buy a few last minute items for the honeymoon and most importantly, pick up my dress. I needed to get this done before the rehearsal, which was at 6:30. Not to mention that I told everyone to meet me there are 6:15, 6 o’clock for those I knew were notorious for running late.

I arrived at the mall and walked into the first nail place that didn’t look busy, i waited less then 5 minutes and before I knew it the nail tech was busy filling away. Once my nails were done I quick hopped onto a massaging pedicure station. The tech scrub and tickled my feet and a few hours later I was on my way. I picked up the last pair of chanclas I needed for my bridesmaids gift and headed to davids bridal to pick up my wedding dress.

I made my way home and took a quick shower to and rushed to the church. Once I got there we got the show on the road, everyone was already there waiting. We did a quick walk through of the processions, we designated the attendants seat and reserved seats for immediate family members. We headed back to Juju's house for our barbecue, but at this point the temperature had dropped a good 20-30 degrees.

The rehearsal barbecue was very casual, kids running all over the house, my mom and father in law making burger patties, everyone just pulling it all together. Since we didn't count on the weather going south, although we should've with our unpredictable weather, the house was packed I mean granted we had a small army as a bridal party, so there was only a few people actually outside. As the rehearsal began to wind down, I handed out my attendant gifts and Juju and i took care of a small, yet very important detail, our first dance.

I know, i know, that's bad. I mean we had a few songs already chosen, we just couldn't decided which one we would actually use. So there we were, almost midnight choosing the final song list and running through the next days events.

Would you believe me if i told you it all felt surreal? It was my last night as a single woman. The last time i would sleep in my house, that would later become my mom's house. Subconsciously, I wanted to have time slow down. I was ready to marry Juju the next day, but everything felt like it was just flying by.

When there was months until the wedding i could only imagine what this day would feel like, when there was only weeks left until the wedding i couldn't wait. And now, i wanted to make this feeling last longer, yet i felt like a 5 year old knowing that tomorrow was Christmas. The anticipation of the next day was almost too much. But I managed to get to bed fairly quickly. Like the big girl that i am.

No comments: