Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Hubby's Birthday

This was our first official trip as husband and wife, well not counting our honeymoon- That would count as your first trip as newlyweds.

When i was planning our honeymoon we thought about spending the night in Chicago, seeing that we were flying out from O'hare, on the day of we got back to-well, um reality. Juju thought it was a great idea, he actually wanted to stay at the W Chicago Lakeshore. I looked into booking us a night but that came to a screeching halt when we found out we would be spending upwards around 300 dollars to stay there a single night. So we quickly put that idea to bed and decided to have my sis and bro in law pick us up from the airport and drive us home.

Juju was pretty bummed about this. I was the voice of reason in that decision. 300 dollars for a single night?!? I was totally not interested in shelling out $300. With that said, i felt bad, believe it or not. I mean i had chosen our honeymoon location and juju pretty much went with it. And all he wanted was a single night in Chicago.

I bet you think i caved right?

Wrong!! I actually went online at wor- ehem, at home, and started searching for deals at the W for Jujus birthday- which wasn't until the end of June. Lo and behold i found a room upgrade for 2 nights with a lake view for around 360. I know what your thinking, not that good of a deal... but um yeah sorta it is. For one, its 2 nights instead of 1 and in all honesty, i would have paid that and much more for juju.

I tried keeping it a surprise for as long as i could, i literally booked this trip in April. I eventually had to tell him so he could request his days off from work. So here are a few pictures from our Chicago trip.
Our view from the hotel. To the right is Navy prier.

The weather forecast was sunny and warm and instead it rained, it wasnt cold, but i wasnt prepared for rain at all. Still downtown chicago was beautiful.
I like how little juju looks compared to the world around him.


No comments: