Tuesday, October 11, 2011

She accidentally told me


A few weeks ago, I had a routine doctors appointment back that quickly became one of the most exciting days of our lives, thus far- obvi. 

I had debated back and forth whether or not I wanted to find out the sex of the baby. I was leaning more towards not finding out, but Juju really really wanted to know. The odd thing is that I'm planner by nature. I like to know what we are doing, when and and with who. So you would assume that I would want to know for the baby planning right? 

Wrong. 

I thought it would be very exciting for us to find out if we were welcoming a baby boy or a baby girl in the delivery room. I was reluctant to 'give in' to finding out. Everyone was constantly asking what we were having and honestly I felt bad taking that away from Juju, as he was dying to know.

The day before my appointment my sister asked me whether or no we were going to find out the gender- my initial answer was no. One, I was only 16 weeks along- typically you find out at 20 weeks and secondly we hadn't come to a consensus as to whether we were going to find out or not. I was on the fence though- a part of me wanted to find out if i had a baby girl or a baby boy growing inside of me. Knowing his or her gender made it that much more real. I could stop saying it, or baby. I could call baby a him or her. 

I told Gaby- if baby shows him or self to us- seeing that it would be very early to tell anyway- it was God's will for us to find out.

And baby did. 

In an odd twist of events, i was asked to stay after my regular OB appointment to have an additional ultrasound. Unfortunately Juju had to go back to school, so i was on my own. A few minutes into the ultrasound, the sonographer proclaimed that baby was revealing itself to mommy- and spilled the beans.

I cried. I laughed- my belly shook. And sadly, Juju wasn't there. After that happened i decided to take the remainder of the day off from work so that I could surprise daddy in his own special way to tell him the baby's gender. We were able to keep it a secret for almost 2 weeks until our gender reveal party-which we had at 18 weeks.

Dont worry that'll post will come tomorrow ;-)

No comments: