Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Day 2- Da Beeech


We spent the second day at the beach, well pretty much most of the day. I had never really been to the 'beach beach' little less such a beautiful one. We walked down to the beach. I'm not sure really what its name was, I'm guessing isla Verde beach? any how. The sand was very light colored, fine and hot. The sun was beaming and there was a awesome breeze. We found a few lounge chairs and set up 'camp'. We bought a couple of magazines at the airport on our way here so we brought them along for some light reading. We slathered on sunscreen and laid out to bake.


We hadn't been laying out for too long when you could start to see tan lines. Turn. A few more minutes and i was literally roasting. We decided to head into the water. I'm not sure if it was the best idea to lay out in the hot sun and then jump into the ocean, as it is, you know when you first get in the water (whether it be a lake, pool or in this case the ocean) its always colder then you thought it would be. So i did what my Momma told me and put saliva on my earlobes and started making my way to the water.


I tried acting like it wasn't as cold as it really was, since i knew if i showed weakness juju would definitely splash. I dove in, initially the water felt extremely cold- i mean cold.Once i was fully submerged my body adjusted and the water was perfect. The waves weren't very strong- but i was still fearful of going in too deep. I actually had a very scary dream before the wedding. I dreamed that either Juju or I had drowned in the ocean on our honeymoon. I'm not sure which one of us it was because the dream was a bit blurry. This dream either came to me due to stress or due to the many 20/20 investigations where the husband kills the wife on their honeymoon in Aruba. Just saying.


We enjoyed the salty ocean for some time before getting back out on the sun. And boy was the water salty. I know its salt water and we all know how you cannot drink salt water, but man, Juju and i were hoping on each others backs (we are only about 20 pounds in the water) and when juju tried hopping on my back, i wasn't ready and i went under. It was an accident- i think. I came up and i was literally gagging because of all the salt in the back of my throat. It burned, it was awful. I was in my nose, my eyes, my ears. Yuk!


We went back to the room and relaxed for a bit before deciding what to do for dinner. Since the resort wasn't all inclusive we got to try new places everyday. Initially i was concerned with the fact that we had to pay for all meals/drinks. I found a great deal on the trip so spending a couple of hundred dollars on meals and drinks would actually break even with a few of the all inclusive resorts we had looked at. We had the convenience of a mini fridge so we decided to stock it with a few items.


We drove to a local grocery store and bought sandwich making material, breakfast pastries,PB&J, juice, water, fruit, beer, chips, oatmeal and a few other things. These came in handy for our long trips, since we could pack a lunch. And we pretty much ate light breakfasts everyday in our room, coffee, oatmeal, OJ, PB&J sandwiches, coffee cake etc.
I know- We're Savvy.

No comments: