Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A New Chapter

A few months ago Juju and I decided it was time to cut up the ol' plastic cards and rely solely on our debit cards or cash

Those of you who know me, know that i may or may not like to shop. I like shoes. I like purses. I like tops. I like bottoms. I like shinny things, i like big things, i like little things, i like things with price tags.
I shop when I'm happy, i shop when I'm sad, i shop when there's sales, i shop full retail, i shop for myself, i shop for juju, i shop for others, i shop alone, or i shop with the crowd.

Oh but you, you were always there by my side, my plastic little card. All 3.5 x 2 inches of your thousands of dollars worth of purchasing power. You never failed me, you never said no, you never cared how expensive anything was. You simply took each swipe with pride, knowing you were making me happy.

For the last few months you've been tucked away in that little compartment on the side of my purse. I know you're yearning to be brought out and get swiped, but instead, i reach beyond you all and grab the debit card. I know you all hate it- sitting there, with a smug look, knowing its getting all the action.

And today, after months and months of being in my purse, unused, I bring you out once again. Sadly, its to say goodbye. There is no point in keeping you all, It's not healthy, i don't want to lead you on to believing you will be used again.


But before i do the necessary-
                   
To you, my Express A-lister Credit Card:
You and I first met back in December of 2003. I had just turned 18 and for my birthday you got me a beautiful ($200 dollar) jacket. God, I will never forget that day. After that day, you and i were inseparable. You were my first credit card.You always kept me well dressed and never let me down. I will miss you the most.



xoxo,
Mrs.Juju

Halfway cutting though the express card, i felt it was appropriate to leave that one for last. So i started with library card, you know- just to ease in to it. I proceeded with Bank of America, then Chase, then....the rest. And this is what i was left with.

I could almost hear cash registers crying with each cut. Its quite sad, they had no idea it would end like this.

1 comment:

Valarie and Abraham said...

you are great Lorena! =)