Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sporting the bump

Im a little more than 3.5 months but I feel like I've been pregnant for way longer since Juj and I found out very early on that I was pregnant. I mailed out my pregnancy announcements to my entire family, I wanted everyone to find out roughly at the same time and I wanted them to hear it from us. 

Here is my belly premier shot
Hello bump!

One of the most difficult parts (thus far...) about being pregnant, or finding out very early on is keeping it a secret. We wanted to wait until after the first trimester to officially announce our pregnancy- The only problem is that you know your life has changed... but no one else does. This makes everyday tasks that much more difficult. I lost count on how many times I had to fake a headache, or sip and spit.

I attended a co-ed baby shower- of course there was alcohol... and sangria was purchased just for me, since I'm the only one of my girlfriends who drinks sangria. "Have some sangria Lorena, we got it just for you" My poor sangria cup took so many trips to the toilet/sink where I oh so slyly poured it out.

Then, I had my cousins bachelorette party- where everyone is expected to use the occasion as an excuse to drink until they no longer look like the former hot version of themselves from beginning on the night. I threw a few shots over my shoulder as everyone was still in the tilted head position. I drank a ton a cranberry juice that night and I 'sipped' on the same plastic cup (which worked to my advantage thank God!) of champagne the entire night before heading to the bar.

I'll hopefully try to take weekly belly pics... but I'm not going to lie... I'll have to start fresh this week because I've sorta fell off the wagon since doing the announcements.

No comments: