Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Holy Belly!



How far along: 16 weeks

 "Hurry up babe i have to pee for the 67th time today!"


Total Weight Gain: 7 pounds

Maternity Clothes: For the past few weeks i have been living in dresses, Ponte pants and  loose, flowy (or medium sized) tops. I can still wear things with buttons... like jeans- but i cant come close to buttoning them. I do wear them unbuttoned with a belly band. Actually... now that i think about it- I haven't been able to button pants for a few weeks now. hmm. I DID buy 2 maternity dresses and a pair of maternity jeans because they were a good deal but the jeans are still too big. Although the dresses are maternity i would hardly consider them maternity, i mean they do have an elastic empire waist and all, but i think they mainly accommodate the girls. And don't event get me started on those- I had to go up 2 cup sizes already. ALREADY!!

Sleep My left side lower back/buttocks/aciatic nerve area have been bothering me, specially throughout the night. I have started to randomly wake up multiple times in the middle of the night, and not because i have to pee mind you, but just because. Matter of fact i have never been that person who wakes up just to pee. I usually pee right before bed and as soon as i wake up- move out the way...

Symptoms: Thankfully i have had a pretty smooth first trimester. I haven't experienced any morning sickness. I do begin to feel a little nauseous if i go too long between meals. There was a few days were it got really hot in these parts of town, that didnt make me feel so good either. Slight back discomfort mentioned above. 

What I'm looking forward to: Feeling my sweet baby move, punch, kick, somersault.

Cravings: When i first found out i pregnant i was craving hot dogs non-stop. I could seriously eat one everyday. I've read that you shouldn't have hotdogs but thankfully they were referring to uncooked hotdogs due to potential bacteria growth called Listeria monocytogene. Other than that i only crave something after someone mentions it, for example say you casually mention spaghetti and meatball. Lightbulb. All systems go on that craving until i actually eat it.

Aversions: Lunch time. I don't know what it is about the mere thought of lunch- but it makes me feel uneasy. I still eat and what not... but as soon as the clock hits noon i cant help but shutter.

Movement: Nothing yet
  
Gender: Unknown

What I miss: Chai Latte, Red Wine

Milestone: First trimester is over!


What no one tells you, but i will: You get gassy. I mean G.A.S.S.Y. and you know how sometimes you fart and your like sniff sniff. meh- no big deal. oh boy. yeah not these farts... Even you, yourself, will be shocked. Juju is. Every time.  Thankfully they occur in the evenings and during the night.


"Gas? What gas? that wasn't me!"

No comments: