Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Halfway & Thankful


I am officially halfway through my pregnancy! I know- I cant believe it either ;-) I thank God that i have had a relatively smooth pregnancy thus far. When people ask me how I'm doing or how I'm feeling- I always say great, which isn't a lie.

I know a few other pregnant women who can't seem to stop complaining about every.single.thing. I can't speak for them- since I have yet to throw up, (stops typing...) and i haven't been nauseated by the sun, or by the stop and go traffic. But a enormous part of me feels guilty for even remotely complaining about back pain... or new this week... ribcage pain- Because i know that somewhere, out there, there is a woman yearning for a positive test result- who would gladly throw up 4 times a day, and sleep 4 hrs a night, and live with constant headaches, and get stretch marks in places you didn't event know existed- just to be lucky enough to call herself pregnant. 

And I am that lucky. God has chosen us as the parents of this sweet baby growing inside of me. Every ache, every tingle, every thing seems so minuscule in comparison of the great reward that awaits us in parenthood.

Lately I've been asked a lot if childbirth scares me. Sure it does. As any first time mother- I'm apprehensive. I've heard both horror stories and 'oh it isn't as bad as they say' stories. I try not to think about it so much ( as in the pain ) because really, at the end of the day- if that's the price one must pay to be called mommy, it seems all worth while. Don't get me wrong, I would like to try to prepare myself, mentally, physically & spiritually, as much as i can. I'll do everything that i can do in my power- and leave the rest in God's hands.

So thank you God- for my sore hips, my achy back, my heavy boobs. Thank you for giving us this opportunity. Thank you for entrusting us with your most precious gift. I promise we'll do the best we can.

No comments: