Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Bachelorette party #1

My first bachelorette party was May 1st. We made plans to go to Comedy Sportz and then stick to the 5/6th street vicinity. I wanted to have a casual meal, nothing fancy shmancy so i thought we could order burgers and fries while we watched comedy sportz, but since there wasn't a menu around, we decided to simple comply with the 2 drink per person rule.

I was apprehensive about going to comedy sportz since it stated it was an all ages show. Not that i wanted a 'dirty' show, i was just concerned with whether or not it would be funny enough. There was a midnight show that we could go to, but i was told it was not as funny as the all ages, since the midnight show was just a bunch of F-bombs.

This is supposed to be Gaby (pink dress) Me ( blue jacket) and Juju (teal jacket)


They pulled me up on stage, of course, and did a little skit that impersonated Juju, my sister Gaby & I. If you know me, you know that im not one for revealing clothes. I wear a shirt with my bikini, for crying out loud! So any how, i had bought a cute dress earlier that day at Express and although it was shorter then i am used to i gave it a whirl. I mean im only going to have a bachelorette party once?!? sorta. So there i was up on stage, with my short dress, with the lights blinding me and all i could think of was- did i put lotion on my knees?




After several good laughs we headed over to Botanas for dinner and margaritas. I was rooting for MickyDees but everyone agreed that the drive thru was too casual. Here are some pictures of us at Botanas.

From left to right- Leah, Jessica, Erica & Gaby


From left to righ- Daniela, Isolda, Daisy & Shelly

After Botana we went to tried and true tropical, though i was a little let down this time. First, they had a cover, 5 bucks, not a lot, but really?! Second it was DEAD. I mean dead. We weren't the first to arrive, there was a few people at the bar, but it was pretty empty.

Here is Gaby and our two sister in laws.

That didn't stop us from having a good time though. I had so much fun dancing with everyone and since i was wearing a veil no guys bothered me at all. At one point when we were walking off the dance floor i noticed something shiny on the floor. Lo and behold i found a quarter, then another and another. I found a total of 80 cents... and who says going out isn't productive?!?

Me and Sam


Awe, this picture is so cute, its Me and Erica, her big sister Jessica and my big sister Gaby. I've known Erica for practically my entire life. We met in kindergarden and have been good friends since. We also went to grade, middle and high school together.

Here is me and Nela (Daniela) I met Daniela through a 'mutual' friend in High school. We became good friends and kept in touch ever since.

I had an awesome time and i think this was one of the very few nights i didnt eat my after bar meal. Juju and i had to meet with the priest the next morning at 9. I was also leaving for the dells the next day. I was tucked in bed by 4. only to be up the next morning at 8. =-(

No comments: