Saturday, May 16, 2009

While in the Dells...

I finally had a moment to post about my second bachelorette party with my girls. I am SOOO glad we decided to go to the dells with them because i seriously had a blast. I had never laughed and had so much fun in my life!

After only 4 hours of sleep, shower and a meeting with the priest we all piled into Dulce and my car and headed up there. We had to make a few stops to get gas and McD's which made the leaving process take so much longer. As we were getting ready to get on the highway i remembered i forgot the beef, so i had no choice then to leave it behind and figure it out when we got there. Once we arrived, we settled into out condo and 'called dibs' on the beds. We planned to make burgers, go swimming, then come home for pizza & margaritas. The next day we wanted to make breakfast together and then hit the downtown area.


This is what really happened



We got into the condo, called dibs on our sleeping arrangements and then proceeded to jump on the king size bed in the master bedroom. I know, grown women jumping on the bed. But really? don't you remember how much fun it was to jump on the bed when you were little? Don't you remember that thrill of jumping as high as you could while holding onto that underlying fear that, at any moment, your mom could burst in through your bedroom door and bust you?



It was all fun and games until someone got hurt-Me.





Kidding. It was all staged, but at one point, as we were jumping Dezzy got her foot stuck in the covers and fell onto the bed while the rest of the girls continued to jump on the bed- We all tried to stop as fast as we could, you know we all had a good momentum going. After we stopped jumping on the bed, Gaby hopped in the shower and Dezzy, Maria, Sasha and I headed to the grocery store to buy beef and a couple of things we forgot at home. I am not one to litter, but apparently my back seat passengers decided to drop an empty bag of McDonalds on the floor at the grocery store parking lot before I took off, heading back to the condo. Once i parked, They opened their door and burst out laughing, i turned around and they were literally crying. She lifted up the empty McDonalds bag, it was dirty and torn. Apparently it got stuck on my door and i dragged it all the way back to the condo. That's right, i dragged it all downtown, all across the bridge over Lake Delton, all down the main (& busiest) driveway, into the condo's parking lot.



After we ate our delicious burgers we all got ready to go swimming and went on just about all the water slides at the 2 waterparks. We did the lazy river, the wave pool, even that big bucket that spills thousands and thousands of gallons of water to anyone standing underneath it.
We headed back to the condo to order pizza for dinner and hang out. Since we had an All Seasons room, we turned on the fire place, Gaby and Dezzy caught the last few minutes of the Celtic's game as Dulce, Pita, Sasha, Mari and I crammed into the hot tub. We all wanted to get the chlorine out of hair but there was only 2 bathrooms, one in the master bedroom one & one in the general living area. I wanted to use the one in the master bedroom because it had 2 shower heads. I hoped in, and to save time, Dulce jumped in with me too, just like when we were little.

Then pita jumped in and before we knew it 4 of us were in the 2 headed shower.



(I had to crop to minimize exposure, hence Mari's chin cut off)



What happens in the Dells, Ens up on my Blog.I was then presented with all my official Bachelorette gear, thanks candy!
We ordered pizza and made margaritas. We sat around just talking and hanging out until way past our bedtime.

The next morning i heard everyone scrambling around to mess with those who were still sleeping- ME! i was extremely tired, 1) friday i went out and got little sleep. 2) I was up by 8 to meet with the priest 3) i drove to the dells so i really wasn't having it. A few minutes later i woke up to the blaring sounds of the fire alarm. The Bacon was producing too much heat, we had an official fire alarm towel waiver. Thanks Pita! We enjoyed a delicious, yet dangerous, breakfast.

We lounged for a few minutes and then went out to take a walk over by the lake. Last year for Juju's birthday, we went to the Dells, and for those fellow Wisconsinites, you remember the horrendous rain we had last spring? Well it caused Lake Delton, which is a man made lake, to over flow and empty out into the Wisconsin River. And this year, although it is not filled and ready to be used to its full capacity until Memorial day weekend, it was filled, beautiful and sparkling as the sun reflected off of it. I was amazing since lest year i literally walked on the lake bed.


We headed back home after taking a few pictures outside with all the girls... see.It was hard getting a picture with all of us in it... this is the best we could do...I absolutely LOVE sasha in this picture, It looks like there is commotion all around her, yet she is so calm.

We packed our cars and headed downtown. We had ice-cream, ate popcorn and i was this [] close to getting a tattoo. ha! i was too chicken. I did leave there with a nifty rose and thorn temporary tattoo. Wild, i know.


Gaby, Dulce and Pita took off a little earlier then the rest of the girls, so we headed to taco bell for some Mexican food =-) and then we hit the Tanger Outlets. We made it home by about 7:30ish.


I am extremely glad I had a chance to spend this time with my BMs, even though not everyone was able to attend. I had such a great time and i feel that we definitely had a chance to get closer and get to know each other better in general. Plus i love that we know have secret insider info on each other. (see pic above, don't ask, i wont tell) We shall take these secrets to our graves girls!!! I wouldn't mind making this an annual type of thing. Any one agree?

No comments: