Friday, December 10, 2010

Im a sucka'

Yes, That's right. I am a sucka' for infomercials. Self diagnosed Infomercial-aholic

Seriously. Ask my family.When i was younger i was able to convince my mom to buy just about anything. I seriously could not watch an infomercial with out rushing to get my moms credit card from my her purse. We eventually became the shameful owners of multiple "Ronco" line products, endless exercise dvd's (back then tapes) , anything that began with AB-roller, rocker, machine, twister etc. etc.

Whats that? Order in the next 10 minutes and you will knock off a payment?

But wait! There's more? Be one of the first 200 callers and get a travel bag, a travel size product and double the warranty? A $90 value???

And then of course i'd ask about the upgrade to expedite shipping. Which for some reason always seemed to take as long as regular shipping.

I eventually learned ... "paid actors, dramatization, results may vary, results not typical, paid audience, not real testimony" ..... were never a good sign of a good product.

UNTIL last weekend.... (my birthday in fact)

Juju and i were heading out the door and caught a few minutes of the an infomercial for the "Top Styler" (i think its from the makers of the InStyler)

I watched in awe... as clam after clam came off the models hair revealing perfectly, bouncy, healthy, shinny curls.  
And THEN ... the girl sitting in the chair did it herself. with OUT a mirror. (*warning* Infomercial-aholic speaking) And the results were perfect, and if she could do it, i could do it. 

Whats that? your telling me it wasn't her first time doing it? Preposterous!!

Anyhow.... Im not sure i'll be too quick to pull out my debit card to purchase them, if i remember correctly, they were about $100 ( plus s+h). Oddly enough, i cant seem to find them on the internet. I read a few places that they are so brand spankin' new they're not avaible.

But i actually think these things work.

** sigh **

I'll keep you posted.


5 comments:

Tiffany Johnson said...

Hi there!

I saw this same infomercial and have been serching the web for it. Did you happen to get the number to order the product.

Thank goodness you are an infomercial junkie...otherwise i wouldnt have found this thing...lol

h

Anonymous said...

Hi, I have just come apon your website and saw that you are looking for the Top Styler and know a website that has a phone number to order in one: Go check it out!

Anonymous said...

www.topstyler.com

lla said...

we are all waiting for you to check it out so we an make a judgment call lol. I really feel intrigued by this product. Let us know! :)

InStylerCS said...

Hi,

Thank you for being an internet junkie! You can find the video tips and tricks for TopStyler on our YouTube channel
http://youtube.com/instylerhair
You will also see a video from an event we held in NY. It includes footage of the TopStyler in action shot with no special lighting and with flip cams only!
Enjoy,
InStylerCS