Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A whole latte budget

To know me is to love me. Seriously. I am many things, funny, smart, strong, (in)&dependent, beeutiful, loud, animated, polite, spontaneous, goofy and a little ghetto. But in FABULOUS way.

I am an avid coffee drinker. I like all sorts of coffee, lattes, any kind of "ccinos", you name it- I'll drink it.

At work, the people at Starbucks were gracious enough to pass on the recipes for all their signature drinks. Thankfully they are not as expensive as they are at the real Starbucks, though they are the real deal, taste the same. Still it can get costly.
Grab a pencil:
A.M : Grande Verona - $1.50
Mid day Tazo tea- .75c
P.M Grande Latte ( mocha, chai, americano, etc)- $2.75 ish
TOTAL: $5.00
X 5 days a week- $25.00
Remember kids this is just on your daily fuel (coffee in case you were following along) and if you don't brown paper bag it for lunch, you will spend a minimum of $5 a day.... again $25.00/ week
grand total $50.00 week!! That's over $2,500 a year!! {gulp} Truth be told.
That was me.

So what does someone, who's a little ghetto fabulous, and on a budget do?

My friends I give you- Lolos 'faux'ocha
Colombian Instant Coffee
Ghirardelli Ground Chocolate w/ cocoa
Marshmallows ( of course )
This set me back about 12 dollars. Half a weeks worth of coffee, 3x's as much coffee. =-)


Look at that marshmallowee froth!!


Oh SN: I also have 3 different boxes of tazo teas at my desk. And i seldomly buy lunch at work now. This means im saving tons and tons of money... I think someone deserves a new pair of shoes as a reward. Just saying.

No comments: