Wednesday, May 25, 2011

DIY- Favor bags

My sister, Gaby had a baby! 2 months ago. Remember? I made the gender reveal cake for her? Well i was also very happy to co host her baby shower back in February. I'll tell you more about her shower later- but meanwhile i wanted to show you a few ways i personalized her shower for her and my then soon to be born monkey.

I decided on a jungle them for her shower and i wanted to incorporate it as much as i could. Everyone loves shower games (sorta) and prizes so i decided to decorate the gift bags. 

I  bought paper bags with ribbon handles- and yes i know that was sorta girly but they didnt have any blue. Baby wouldn't remember =-)

I purchased jungle animal stamps at Michaels, along with a few colors. I only did a few colors because i didn't want to 'bite off more than i could chew' and end up with ink everywhere.

I had acrylic blocks at home that i used for my wedding. You can see it in the lower left hand corner, its pretty neat the gummy stamp sticks to the acrylic block, the block is see through and has guiding lines

 I then stamped on green vines along with a variety of animals. Note that the monkey appears twice... sure im a little biased. Once that was dry i went through and free handed the word BABY across the 4 bags.

 Its nothing extremely difficult (or fancy)... but its the little details that make any event special.

Plus i like to test my Martha gene out every once and a while. Sometimes i crash and burn... but others, not so bad.

No comments: