Wednesday, May 25, 2011

DIY-Moon Manicure

Let me begin by apologizing about the pictures. They are pictures from my phone.
So the concept of the moon mani is that there is a moon at the base of your nail peeking out. You can really do any color combo but i wanted my moon to be bright.
    


I did them myself, when i asked the nail shop.... (yeah i know)


if they could do it and she said it was only possible with a full set. So after a little research and you can see my results above.


Its pretty easy!


1. Paint your entire nail the color you want your half moon to be. Or you could leave it unpainted with just a clear base coat
2. Allow the nail to completely dry. Its important because if its not fully dry. You'll see. Use hole reinforcement stickers ( you know those little circle stickers that you use when your paper punched hole rips and no longer stays in the binder? yeah, those.) and place them on the base of your nails.
3. With the next color paint only above the sticker. Again. Wait for the polish to dry again. 
4. Remove the sticker. 
5.Apply a top coat and Voila! 

No comments: