Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fullbar Review

In my never ending quest for weight loss, i never discard any idea or product - no matter how silly it may seem. My latest try has been the full bar. A coworker of mine gave me a box of these bad boys because they made her gassy. This concerned me, I'm gassy just because, let alone eating something that will induce gas.


And although i cant really say its a full review because i haven't followed the directions exactly, your supposed to eat 2 a day alongside your 2 biggest meals. BUT i have eaten a few of them.

 Here's the breakdown: They are 160 calories and only 10 are from fat, so they are very low in fat. Though they are high in carbs, 31g, most granola, cliff, luna, etc bars are the same. My husband tries to convince me that carbs are not the enemy, and they are not, he's right. Our body needs them- my problem is that i carb over load- and that's what makes you gain weight. It has 4g of dietary fiber, and the average person needs about 25-30g of dietary fiber a day. It has 5g of protein, that ones a no brainer, protein is good for you- helps rebuild muscle.One bar has 13g of sugar, which is the same as 2 Oreo cookies, yes, the oreos might taste better, but these have some nutritional content. Overall they aren't unhealthy and they taste what you would expect from any other bar. They are a little grainy, again like many other bars, but honestly... its not a deal breaker.
In a nutshell, you are supposed to eat a Fullbar with 8 oz. of water, wait 30 mins and then eat a reasonable meal. As the name indicates, this bar will make you feel full- so by the time you eat, your stomach is partially full and you eat less. Simple, right?

So far, I've never felt gassy after eating a Fullbar. I follow the direction and drink at least 8 oz of water, but i tend to drink more. I also eat the bar slowly, by choice.  This actually may be the reason why i've never felt gassy or bloated. Then came the moment of truth... 30, 40, 50 mins later and i didnt feel hunger. I eventually got lunch because i was afraid this feeling of fullness would wear off and i'd binge later. I eat a smaller lunch than usual and felt completely satisfied.

On another occasion i actually substituted my lunch for the Fullbar. I had my regular grande coffee round 8:45a, had my normal 20 oz of water before noon. I opened up a Fullbar and had at least 8oz of water with it. I didn't eat until about 3pm once i got home and again i wasn't crazy hungry.

Go on now, go. Run and try it. What do you think?

No comments: