Sunday, July 3, 2011

Im a murderer- cuz i kill time

And squirrels.

Last monday i was driving to work as usual. I saw a squirrel standing on the side of the road. I knew that as soon as i approached it would make a run for it. So i slowed down. I approached with caution. It simply stood there. It wasn't trying to cross the road.

and then it did.

and i hit it.

There was nothing i could do. It darted across the road just as i was lost sight of him through my windshield. I couldn't break, i couldn't swerve.

It honestly didn't feel like i did. I mean, granted it couldn't have been bigger than a couple of pounds, but it didn't feel like i hit anything- it more so felt like i hit a small crack on the road.

The worst part of this all is that i didn't kill it, i simply fatally injured it. I looked in my rearview mirror to see it drag its fluffy tailed body off the middle of the road to safety. I felt absolutely terrible. I was on the verge of tears. I pulled off to the side thinking of what the proper protocol for something like this was. I did the second best thing to running after the squirrel and nursing it back to health- I called Juju.

He tried his best to console me- I felt so guilty. I knew this squirrel didn't stand a change, he was injured and it wouldn't be long before he died.

I'm a murderer.

a squirrel murderer.

No comments: