Tuesday, February 10, 2009

100 days

I don't remember doing this in grade school, but for about 3 years i worked for MPS. And on the 100th day of school, the kids would have a huge celebration surrounding the # 100. The whole shabang, cups, plates, napkins, all with the # 100 on them. New Years look alike hats with 100 plastered all over, even glasses in which the kids looked through the zeros. (see kid below)Now that i think about it, I'm not sure if the kids really cared they had been in school for 100 days. I think the teachers were happy they were a bit more than half way through. Correct me if I'm wrong but i think there is 180 days of actual school. Teachers say?



Me on the other hand. No hat, No glasses, no parade down the hall. I am celebrating my 100 day mark quietly on the inside. True, i could run down the hall doing cartwheels, but i would unfortunately end up crashing into some ones cube wall. So yay for me, yay for juju. In 100 days we will be Husband & Wife. Oh, and you know what? Tomorrow i will be a double digit-er!

No comments: