Thursday, February 5, 2009

Operation Baking Gals!

I learned about this project via a fellow blogger. I became involved in this project myself recently. What it is, is that we have a team that sponsors a soldier and send him homemade baked goods. I know the war is a very touchy subject, so when i was asking a few co workers if they were interested in participating on my team it sounded a bit like this:

Hi girls,

I wanted to let you all know of a project that i am taking a part of...
"this is no way supporting or not supporting the war. We are supporting the courageous men and women who put their lives on the line everyday so that we may sleep peacefully at night. Regardless of why (or why not) war began, the men and women serving overseas answered the call to defend our country. I ask you to help me show our gratitude in this small way"

And so i was floored by the amount of interest that i received from my co workers who wanted to participate. Im very excited to do this. Im extremely glad that there is many people out there that are willing to take some time out of their busy schedules to make someone, a complete stranger, feel appreciated.

Im shipping out my care package on the 20th, so in a few weeks. If you are interested in joining feel free to contact me via email princesskilolo@aol.com Also, i thought i would mention that you dont have to bake, you can also send a care package with other goodies, I have an approved list of goods that can be sent to our soldiers overseas.

No comments: