Thursday, February 12, 2009

Double Digits

Its official. I am in the double digits. My heart is racing. It feels like only yesterday i counting down from 300. I have SO many things yet to do. I am dedicating next Monday to booking our florist. I'm taking a day off from work to get the flowers situated. We have 3 appointments lined up, so hopefully one of them will be our florist!. And next week Thursday, I'm going to meet with a travel agent to get pricing on our honeymoon. We still haven't decided if we are going right after the wedding or if we are going a few months after. I'll keep you posted! Seeing that Juju and I have both been working so much, its hard to make time to book appointments with vendors.

Oh side note, remember that i mentioned i had recently lost a few pounds? Well the other day when i went with my bridesmaids to get their dresses we had the alterations manager take the girls measurements. And i thought. Hmm. I don't know when, if at all, i last had my measurements taken. So i did. Vladanka ( the alterations manager) asked me what size i had ordered my dress in. I said 4. She measured me and said, well don't loose anymore weight or else your dress wont fit. Really? And according to my measurements, the 4 would start getting too big. I don't want to toot my own horn, but she did say i was perfect ;-) And who am i to contradict the manager? But i digress. So with Vladanka warning me not to loose anymore weight i felt good. A few days later i got home from work, and i told my mom what Vladanka had said and i told her i wanted to try my wedding dress on, since i hadn't tried it on since i picked it up from the shop.

So i pulled it out of my closet take it out of the bag(s) and being to put it on. la dy la dy la. Hmmm. I couldn't. Seem. To. Get. The. Zipper. Up. Mom? i called out in a panic. she came into my room and finished zipping me up. Perfect! if i didn't need to breathe. I checked the label to find that my dress was a size 2. 2! It zipped, and i don't have any back, front, or arm fat hanging out. But it is very snug. Although i swore into the '2 sandwich a day diet' instantly, i now realize that i have 98 days to loose a few more pounds. So no biggie, but i did have a mild heart attack that afternoon.

Tomorrow i am having a DIY party. Well its not really a party, but i am having all of my girls come over and help me get the centerpieces going. I'll post updates on the weekend.

No comments: