Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Road opposite of rage

I like to think I am a pretty good driver- others beg to differ. I can admit that i am a nervous person all around so i don't like to drive when Juj and I are going somewhere. Don't tell him, but he's not a good co pilot. We'll be driving down the road and he'll say something like okay turn..........back there. Sigh. That's when i get nervous and start asking... stay right? go straight? speed up? So to avoid these situations i prefer for him to drive.

On my own, i am great! I can dip in and out of traffic, i am an excellent blind spot checker, and a very tactful driver. I tend to not use my horn to "yell" at people when they drive stupidly, or ride their breaks, or stop short, or cut me off- heck, I'm that person that lets the other person go first even when their the ones backing up into a busy street.

And trust me, I drive out to me Menomonee Falls everyday, that means i have to merge from 94 to 45 ( fon du lac) and that merging area is notorious for cars cutting others off.

And although sometimes I'm in a rush... i shrug it off. No biggie.

Why you may ask?

Years ago at church, I once heard a sermon that talked about being appreciative and being kind to others. I know what your thinking, "i do let people merge when they put their signal on... its those jerks that cut you off that make me upset." Well today one of those jerks cut me off. The sermon talked about how we all live in our little worlds and really have no idea what is going on in that jerks head- Meaning, that jerk might be having a rough week, maybe he is over worked and under paid, maybe he is rushing to his second job- just to make ends meet, maybe he is on his way to visit someone terminally ill at the hospital.... Maybe, just maybe him/her getting in front of you or in front of the line will be the best thing that will happen to him/her that day.

Crazy eh?

Only God knows why this person is in such a rush. You've been there. And I'm sure you've wanted to be given the right away when your rushing to work, school, doctors appointment, etc. So be kind. Be kind to that jerk because on occasion you have or one day will be that jerk.

1 comment:

Newlyweds on a Budget said...

my motto is "I am the world's best driver and everyone else needs to take driving lessons" ; )