Friday, October 29, 2010

Not My Will

You ever have those days-were its just your day? Sure! we've all found that close parking spot, or found a great deal, or an awesome pair of jeans on clearance and you think to yourself today is my lucky day!

Wednesday. all.day. was my day. I'm not going to say it was my lucky day, on Wednesday i felt God doing his work in my life. All of Wednesdays events were an act of God's will, and there is no doubt in my mind that God has bigger and better things for all of us, we just have to learn to see these things. Remember when i said that i don't talk about Religion, Money or Politics? Well today is your lucky day!

I am currently reading 2 books- one of them being "The Purpose Drive Life" by Dr. Rick Warren. I purchased them about 2 weeks ago. I was very eager to start reading it, but since i was fairly busy last week, I first picked it up on Tuesday night. In my mind, this book, that i hadn't even read a single word from was already changing my life. I was anxious to start reading it. I had been doing a lot of meditating and praying on the days leading up to the purchase of the book. I am only through the first 2 chapters, but i can feel this books affect- the ability to feel it, the understanding, the realization, the knowledge that comes with it.

I had been feeling all sorts of anxiousness. I've had so many things running through my head-  my education, my husband, my family, my faith, my career and so on. I have thought long and carefully about where I'm at and where i want to be. I know when I'm graduating, and everything i need to do to get there. I know where my career is going , and everything i need to get to my next promotion. I know where my family/husband life is at, and everything that i need to do to keep it healthy and balanced. Now when it comes down to my faith, i know where i am at, and where i want to be.

I have a tremendous amount of faith in my God. I trust in him blindly. I surrender to his will. I rejoice in all that he has given us. I have been humbled by his work in my life, all the good, all the bad, all the uncertainties- In everything.

But i want more. I want to feel his presence in my everyday life, just as i did on Wednesday. This might turn you off, but I'm am not 100% in agreement with organized religion. I don't always agree on all of the positions the 'church' takes on or against. What i do agree on is that God is good. That God is an omnipotent accepting and forgiving God. That God has a master plan for you and like the prayer, "Hagase TU voluntad aqui en la tierra como en el cielo" - His Will will come to fulfillment. That God is always there, even in your darkest hours. That God deserves your love unconditionally, the way he loves you.

And i want to grow in that. I want to grow in my individual faith. I want to set an example for those who are not there yet. I have very contradicting thoughts. I understand and accept the concept of evangelizing, but i don't believe in forcing God or specific beliefs on someone. We are here to spread his word, literally and/or by example. I know so many people who have been pushed away form religion by Cathoholics- those who are die hard religious, but cause more harm than good, intentionally or not. There are so many people who have the desire to have a relationship with God, but are not accepted by a religion because of the way they look, or who they love, or what they are not.

Back to the book,  A Purpose Driven Life, and its main concept-  Why am I here? What is my purpose? What on Earth am I here for? I think its time that more people start asking themselves this question. You might find that what you thought- isn't, and where you're going- is bigger than your big picture.

Don't mean to step on anyones toes, and this is why i usually don't discuss religion, money or politics, but after all this is my blog, and it is tittled Becoming Mrs.Juju, and  growing in faith helps me become a better Mrs.Juju.  Can i get an Amen?!

1 comment:

Newlyweds on a Budget said...

I'm with you on organized religion. I think God is good all the time, and don't always agree with some of the hard stances that certain religions take.

I've been meaning to read Rick Warren's book. Maybe I'll get it from our local library