Thursday, October 14, 2010

What kinda baby is it?

I mentioned a few weeks back that i was going to be an auntie, a titi if you will. My older sister, Gaby ( & hubby Jesse), are expecting their first little peanut in March, and i couldn't be more thrilled. Few reasons why:
  1. Takes the pressure off of us to have a baby anytime soon
  2. I really want a niece. We have nothing but stinky boys in the family
  3. The youngest nephew in the family is like 7/8? i know its bad that I'm not sure.
  4. Takes the pressure off of us to have a baby anytime soon
I am so very thrilled to announce that i will be making a gender reveal cake for her, when the time comes to find out whether its a mister peanut or misses peanut.

Out of respect, I will not reveal the baby's gender until Gaby gives the O.K.

After all, it is her baby. (* hint hint for any people spreading her business out there)

So I'm a little nervous. I'm making the cake from scratch. I am also decorating it, or at least will try to. I have a nice set of decorating tools-  bags, tips, decorative edges etc. etc.- that i will be using. My plan is to ice the outside of the cake all white, the inside will have pink cake for a girl, and blue cake for a boy ( the filling will be based upon the future mommy's request) and the decorations will be gender neutral, green and yellow. When you cut into the cake, you will find pink, or blue cake, revealing the babys gender! I am so excited!!

We Gaby plans to reveal the gender of the baby to the family as soon as she knows what they are having. I will reveal pictures of the finished product, maybe... if it doesnt look too awful. If Gaby says its ok, I'll let you know what shes having.... until then you shall know my future niece/nehpher as niecphew. Yup, thought of that one all on my own.

1 comment:

Newlyweds on a Budget said...

haha, well good thing there's no pressure on you have to have a baby!
luckily, my parents are in no rush to have a grandbaby, and my in-laws already have 2. i think they're all hoping we wait a lil while. shouldn't feel the pressure for at least 2 more years ; )