Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 2

So yesterday didn't quite go as planned. Not in a bad way though. Out of all of my fruit i only ate the oranges and the pear. Oh and turns out I'm also allergic to pear peel. Bummer. Before i went to class last night I picked up a black coffee and during our break i ate my 2 oranges. I was actually hungry by the time i made it home, so i served myself another cup of soup. The nice thing is that you can eat as much and as many times as you want.

Today was soup and veggies- Fresh, raw, canned, cooked- how ever you like them. This morning "breakfast" was harder. Its odd eating veggies in the morning along with your coffee.

Breakfast- (odd)
tall black coffee ( w/ sugar in the raw)
1 sliced cucumber (con sal y limon)

Lunch-
2 cups of soup- i added some hot sauce for a little kick
2 cups broccoli
water

Snack-
carrots
celery

And for dinner... wait for it...

2 cups of soup, grilled squash and a BAKED potato ( w/butter ). That's right. A baked pah-tay-toh, that's if you haven't cheated, sorta. I'm really looking forward to it tonight. =-) On day 5 you incorporate 15-20 ounces of meat into your diet. I think this will be the longest I've gone with out eating meat since we were temporary vegetarians. I'm not a big red meat eater, i can't however, get enough chicken, veggies and pasta. Red meat is really hard for your body to digest and excess consumption can lead to heart and cholesterol problems. I'm looking forward to not eating meat for a couple of days, and even on the day i have to incorporate beef into my diet, I'm having chicken.

I forgot to talk about by starting weight. I was 128 when i weighed myself on Monday morning. I'm not expecting to lose a miraculous amount of weight. I would be happy with 5 pounds.
I'm also going to work out. I have tons of workout DVDs that are currently collecting dust on our bookshelves. I did a few crunches last night before going to bed, nothing much ... but i figured hey better that than nothing, right?

No comments: