Sunday, May 16, 2010

I have a crush: Michael Antonio

I recently discovered a shoe designer that I'm currently gaga over. Seriously. He has awesome shoes, great prices and who doesn't love a name like Michael Antonio? (Not to be confused con El Buky Marco Antonio Solis)

He has some Badass heels and some great looking flats for those who don't care as much for a heel.
I cant deny that shoes make me happy. Matter of fact.... remember these strappy taupe ones?? I can take those off my list. Those arrived in the mail on Friday. Eeek!!

You see the first picture, of the woven strappy ones? I actually saw someone wearing a 'replica' of the shoe. I'm sure its discouraging to designers when companies imitate their designs. Though I'm sure the designer still feels a bit honored, no? One thing i can truly ates (sp?) to is that the real deal, the designer shoes, are heck of a lot more comfortable than imitations. I mean, sure designer shoes are more expensive, and sometimes you feel like you are just paying for the name, but you are also paying for a better fit and construction of the shoe, let alone a better quality.

So when ever you eye up a pair of designer shoes that are a wee bit over the amount you anticipated spending, just remember.... they are not a expense, they are an investment. =-)

No comments: