Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I Have a Crush: Booties, Booties, Booties

"I like big butts and i cannot lie, you other bro...." Wha? just kidding, not the kind of booties your thinking.

But for this fall, when i think of a nice transition shoe, i think of booties. I'm really liking the menswear inspired collections in a lot of designers fall lines. Many shoes designers have tapped into this look by introducing oxford style booties! My favorite are the first ones below. They are a part of Ralph Laurens Fall collection.

I'm a little biased to browns, and different shades of brown, such as cognac, maples, etc since earth tones become alive during the fall months.  I did throw in a few color ones in there just to give you some variety, but darker colors, such as gray and dark or navy blue work great in the fall too!


source

source

source

source



source


source
I know a lot of people aren't fans of the bootie, but i think they are so versatile! You can wear just about anything with your booties, from dresses, to skirts to jeans ( even shorts and stockings if your daring enough!). On cold days you can throw a pair of tights on with your skirt or dress and finish of your look with a great pair of booties. I also like that booties tend to be very comfortable since they hug your feet. I have a great pair of gray Vera Wang suede booties, but i have limited wear on those since they are suede. (cant let my babies get nasty in the rain!) My Vera Wang booties are so comfortable that i can seriously take a hike in them.

So run out and get yourself a pair...., go ahead... turn your computer off. Run along now.