Monday, September 13, 2010

Cookies Justice

You might recall that my precious little princess was maliciously attacked by a pitbul back in April. If you are just joining me now, this is what I'm talking about. When ever i talk about what happened to cookie, my mom cringes and asks me to stop. She cant stand hearing about it, and while it still makes me feel that anxious pain in my stomach and that knot in my throat- i actually like to go back and read every thought, every emotion and every feeling that was running through me. It makes me appreciate how far shes come and realize just how lucky we are to still have her in our lives.

Anyone who has ever had a pet before a child knows that they are our babies. She means the world to Juj and I- and we have personified her to be our baby, well maybe me more than him. I refer to us as "mommy" and "daddy". a little weird??? sure! Oh but she knows who "daddy" is when she gets scolded by "mommy". Any how, everyday that i get to wake up to her rank kisses is truly a blessing, stinky breath and all.

And anyone who knows me, knows how much i love her.

That is why i have spent countless hours going to all the hearing and dispositions regarding the kid who owned the pit who attacked. I've been to court a total of 4 times now. This Friday should be the last one. It seems like obstacle after obstacle have been presented in court and has kept it from being resolved, but i have faith that this will soon come to an end.

Matter of fact, on Friday the judge will decide where this kid will spend his year long probation. Obviously his attorney and his mother want him to spend his probation time at home with therapy and social services involved. My family and I (& the state) want him to enter a Rehabilitation Treatment Facility, RTC to serve his year probation. In an interesting twist of events, this kid has been interviewed by an RTC and he "let the record show" that he wanted to go to the RTC that interviewed him. He would rather go to the RTC than go home.

As mad as I am about what happened to Cookie, I am also thankful that he will get the help he needs to give him a fighting chance at having a normal adulthood. I believe in giving people a second chance, and by this kid actually saying himself that he wants to got to the RTC, to some degree, shows me that he is repentful.

I only pray to God that this leads him into the right path and then we can all start to fully forgive him.

No comments: