Thursday, September 23, 2010

Vegas Baby! (maybe)


Last year, before my fabulous birthday in Chicago with Mon and Christy, I decided that i wanted to do something "big/special" for my 25th birthday. Yeah i know, 25 isn't that big of a milestone, BUT my golden birthday was when i was 4, and im pretty sure my mom had absolutely not idea what a "golden birthday" was so i kinda lucked out. Now Juj, his birthday is June 30th-that means his golden birthday will be when he turns 30 and that's a big milestone, again... sorta.

So I would really like to go to Vegas this year for my birthday. Its a lot harder said than done, specially with Juj working part time we have very little discretionary income. But i really want to go.

The plan is that the gang- Juan, Maria, Christy, Mon, Juj and I- would all try to go but making it budget friendly, because honestly, no one of us is balling out of control.

If there is one thing you should know about me is that I'm a planner. I like to plan things. I like to know what we are doing, when we are doing it, who's going, what time, etc etc. Though i do like spontaneity, i don't like to leave big things to "chance". I want to get all of the possible Vegas entourage together to further discuss the plans, what dates, etc etc.

As a planner, I've been doing some research. I started looking at hotels, reviewing attractions, checking on flights. As of now a round trip non stop from MKE to LAS is at 255 (incl tax). Not bad. BUT it could get better. I want to find the air fair more along the vicinity of 215-235. I know in the scheme of things its only 20 dollars cheaper but that could at least cover any luggage we would need to check. As far as hotels, we have yet to decide if we are going to do a 2 queen for 4 of use or try to get a suite for all 6 of us, either way we'll do even Steven- making it more affordable for everyone.

Wish me luck in my planning endeavours. I'll hopefully be able to say that i celebrated my 25th birthday in Las Vegas (Baby!)

No comments: