Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sin Penas

On Saturday night we went out for dinner and drinks with my cousins and my sister and her hubby. Off of someones suggestion, i wont say who, we went to Fiesta Garibaldi. Juju & I had never been there before, but everyone else had. A few years back Gaby had gotten sick with some sort of food poisoning from the same restaurant ( different location ) but she was a trooper and gave it another go.

It was pretty dead for a Saturday night. In fact there was a small group leaving the restaurant and then we were the only ones there. I was sadly disappointed with my food, as my sister, jesse, dulce and juju were. Thanks a lot primo! After picking at my food we walked over to the bar were the bartender tried killing my sister with an awful drink. My cousin Patty's long island was the only thing that was good. She skimped on the Xrated on my drink, thus i was not happy. We decided to pass them all to Marco, but he didn't finish them all.

We headed back to Marco & Patty's house where we played dominoes and had a few more drinks.

Juanito, a friend of ours, brought this:

Quita Penas

There is a number of definitions for Penas; pain, sorrow, misery, heartache, distress, embarrassment, labor, trouble. Thus, the literal translation is 'Sorrow Remover'


I know what your thinking. What? Sorrow remover?

oh yes. It works. Just look at these amazing before and after pictures:


Before (full of penas)

AND....

After- Penas Free!


We finished the bottle. We sat there until 6 in the morning laughing and sharing stories and our favorite memories. I had a great time. Even though Marco and i got punked by 2 bunnies when we stepped outside his house. A bit traumatic, but we'll be fine.

No comments: