Monday, March 2, 2009

Updates

February has been a very difficult month for me as a whole. Earlier in the month we confronted a very scary situation with my cousins and recently lost an aunt. Working 7 days a week has definitely put a screeching halt to my chipperness. With everything going on i stopped posting as often. A few things have been put on hold, but I'm trying to get back to normal, whatever that is. So here i am, once again, trying to get back at it full force.

First i want to address a few topics/updates. My Finger, being naked and all. Well tis fully dressed with my ring. My sister in law called and let me know that my custom band was in and it was ready for my approval. I could also pick up my ring, which she cleaned and had rerhodiumed. So that is that. I took a picture of my ring with the band on it, but since i took it with my phone, its not the best picture. Here, i share:

As you can see my knuckles are permanently bruised and discolored, i had no idea you could really see it though. I used to box and i never really did get the 'wrapping' part down. Go figure, now I'm scarred for life.

Next, We went to a few appointments to find our florist. I learned a lot about flowers, their origin, their season, their costs... We go a few bids and we got a good idea of what the flowers are going to costs us. An arm and a leg. I am contemplating using silk flowers for the bridesmaids arrangements to help cut costs. With 79 days to the wedding our options are limited. The last estimate i received was definitely lower then the others and it didn't seem like she was skimping out on the flowers. Our first florist, who shall remain nameless, brought our estimate down nearly 600 dollars, but also made me frightened by how many corners and flowers she was cutting out. I began to worry my girls would end up carrying a single stem of baby's breath. =-/ Again, i haven't really done much follow up with her, still putting my puzzle back together.

Lastly, Juju bought me a set of pearls. He wanted to buy me something to wear for the wedding. He actually found them while we were out shopping together, so it wasn't a surprise. Either way they are beautiful, elegant and classy. Its funny because i already had jewelry for the wedding. To play the something old part in the little rhyme, i was going to wear a set of faux pearls, or beads as juju insultingly called them, i wore for my Quinceanera. I don't mind not wearing my previously selected jewelry, these fit my dress perfectly and i love that Juju picked them.

No comments: