Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Flowers

Juju and i went on Monday to sign the contract for our flowers. I cant believe we are so close to the wedding and we didn't have our flowers secured. I feel so relieved to know that everything, well, just about is taken care of. While we were there we made a few changes to the taller centerpieces. We went with a simpler concept then we had initially wanted. Our floral consultant mocked up a centerpiece for us and we loved it. We basically paid off the entire balance for the flowers (sigh of relief).

We have also decided on silk bouquets for the girls. Numerous people told me that traditional, in Hispanic weddings, the bridesmaids pay for their own bouquets. I'm frugal. I don't want them to spend more then they have to. With the attempt to keep our vision and budget for our flowers in check, we opted to make the bridesmaids bouquets. I mocked up one bouquet and it looked pretty darn good. I'm not one to toot my own horn, but i was shocked. More on this later...

We still have a few small things to do. All of the stationery involved with the wedding is next on my list. We continue to comb through our guest list and we should be starting on our invitations soon. I mean soon. Like this weekend. Invitation etiquette says "Invitations for a long-weekend or holiday wedding should be mailed out a little bit earlier, as well. (Aim for about two months in advance.)" And we are at about the 2 month mark, well a little bit more then that i think.
Once i get a better idea of the number of guest i can get started on the guest place settings.

I recently found out that if we want our church decorated, we would need to pay someone (from the church) to do it for us. I guess they want to ensure that we don't 'Tape, Pin, Staple' anything. So I'm at a crossroads. I had began to purchase ribbon for the pew bows, not to mention the bowdabra, tulle, and our aisle runner, which i have yet to monogram. When i spoke with the receptionist she mentioned, that even if we provided our own decorations, the fee would be the same for set up and take down. I tried contacting the decorator, with no avail. So here i sit with countless spools of tulle and ribbon. I haven't yet returned them, because like juju said, what if her stuff has yellowed? I don't know if she uses new material for each wedding or she re uses past bows etc.

I will have to continue my stalking.

No comments: