Monday, December 22, 2008

Snow day!

This year, I invested in a good set of winter tires. Juju got winter tires as well. We were initially looking for an used SUV. We found what seemed to be a good deal on a Ford Expedition, only to later found out it had humidity/moisture in the engine. We really lucked out, we were ready to withdraw the money from the bank to pay for it, when a Ford mechanic took a look at it and told us to skip on it. So that was a no go. I know you think we are crazy, seeing that gas, up until a few weeks, ago was an arm and a leg. But Jujus car, being a rear wheel drive, wouldn't cut it for the winter. But now, with his snow tires on, it handles like an SUV. He even enjoys plowing his BMW through snow banks.


You see that little black blob there, to the right. That's my little Mazda. You can see its wheels, and that's about all you can see on it. I waited until it stopped snowing to go dig it out. I was just about done when a neighbor offered some help, and 5 minutes later I drove right through all the mounds of snow and parked it on the opposite side of the street, where i had literally shoveled the street to make myself a parking spot. I was proud of my shoveling. I wanted to mark my spot. I though of having cookie "claim" it, but i couldn't convince her to come outside.

And this is how cookie spent her snow day.


She wanted nothing to do with it. The colder it gets, the deeper she digs into my comforter. I'm afraid i might find her inside the mattress one of these days. I'll cross that bridge when i come to it though.

No comments: