Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Eat Cake!

I will say I'm a bit outraged about our cake. Nearly a thousand dollars. Really? Last time I checked flour was a couple bucks a pound. Yeah, yeah, fondant & frosting i get it. Don't get me wrong, wedding cakes are works of art. And from watching so many "amazing wedding cakes" on WETv, i learned that there is a lot of hard work and a lot heart that goes into each cake. Bakers take pride in their masterpieces, which they should, So i somewhat understand why they are so expensive, but i had to draw a diagram for my pocket.

I don't want to say I'm letting juju pick it, because it sounds bad, as if he cant do anything without my permission. That's not the case. I'm letting this be his baby, sort of like the invitations. He is big on cake, while i could really pass on it when ever its present. He found a few pictures of what he wants the cake to look like and we went to our first cake tasting. We went to a cake shop called Eat Cake, and that's just what we did. Its a small shop but has done tons and tons of cakes. She has created amazing wedding cakes and they are each so different from the last cake.

I have to tell you, she might have made me cross over to be a cake person. I thought her cakes were very tasty and her buttercream was rich. Oddly enough, me, who isn't crazy about cake, ate just about every last crumb of cake on my plate, then i ate Jujus cake too. It looked like a massacre (because of the raspberry filling) when i was done with both plates. We had no trouble deciding on what we liked. We discussed what we wanted the cake to look like and played with color combinations. We are going to 2 more cake tastings before we make our decision. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: