Sunday, December 7, 2008

Celebrate-Part 2

Remember I said we would actually go out for my birthday on Saturday? Well, initially i was excited to go out. But as the day progressed i started feeling lazy and it was cold out and i felt like staying home. Juju insisted that we go out and he said he would pick me up at 8:30. Ugh. Fine. So i sat at home watching 'The real housewives of Orange County' until about 8 or so, when i figured i would start getting ready. Whether i felt like going out or not, Juju would be here to pick me up.

It was supposed to be Mon & Cristina, Dulce & Mario (Dulce's bf) and Juju & I going out. Dulce and Mario were at a wedding earlier, so they would meet up with us later. And Juju said Mon & Cristina would meet us at his house, since we started driving towards his house after he picked me up. I was wearing my snow boots, since i had open toe shoes i figured i would just slip em on before i got out the car to avoid getting snow in my shoes.

Juju pulled into his house and said, I'll wait for you upstairs, he gave me a pair of socks and headed up. I put my shoes in the front of the house so they wouldn't be too cold once i put them back on. I heard juju close the door to the upstairs. I ran up the cold steps and opened the door.

SURPRISE!

There i was, barefoot, standing in our living room as Gaby & Jesse (her hubby), Dulce & Mario, My entire future family in law ( Evelyn, Nicolas & Sasha) and of course my AMAZING future husband popped out of random places. I didn't cry because i was so surprised, but as i talk about it now, I'm feeling overwhelmed by emotion. Everyone helped out to make it a great party. Gaby & Jesse and Dulce & Mario went over earlier to help set up and prepare appetizers. My entire future family in law spent the whole day cleaning, and rearranging the upstairs. They even made me a funfetti cake, (my favorite!)I couldn't believe it, I had absolutely NO idea! It really was a surprise! but now that i put all the events following up to me going upstairs, it all makes sense now. =-)

I think we filled the upstairs to capacity. Lets see, Gaby, Jesse, Dulce, Mario, Sasha, Victor, Leah, Mon, Cristina, Jay, Cristian, Jessica, Andray, Marco, Paty, Samantha & Jaime. Oh and Juju & I. I had so much fun. And i think everyone there too had a great time. Here are some pictures:

Here is juju & I. Everyone commented on what a great host he was!

This is me & our godson Andray. He didn't stay very long, although he did dance a few songs.

Cristina and I. I was glad her sister was able to watch Adriancito. I hope you had fun!

This is my sister in law Leah, my older brother Victor and I.

Here i am with my cousins Patty and Marco. Patty is Marco's wife. Matter of fact, they got married i think in august of 04. That was the first family function juju went to.

The one reppin' Florida is Jay and Mr.Nike is Christian, Andrays dad. I knew it became drafty at times, but the hat guys?! i think you exaggerate!

This is me and Juan. Juan is Mon's younger brother. His girlfriend Maria couldn't make it because she was working. Juan and Maria will both be in our wedding next may.

Some of you might remember Candy, lol, & her main squeeze, Mario and I.

Here is Gaby and Jesse. In real life he doesnt have a cone head. I dont know why he has one here. Hm?

So i think i have showed you all the fun pictures. And then tragedy strikes.

Everything is fun and games, until someone steps on someones feet, or they become M.I.A

Tragedy #1- Birthday girl gets hurt
Victor is about 10 years older then i am. He and Marco grew up together. So in trying to kick it old school, they put one some house music. So there they were break dancing. And when i say break dancing i mean the were trying to break dance. They had a little 'competition' going on and Gaby figured...Thats old school, let me show them how its done. So she got up and i joined her. I busted out with a brief robot...


Look at juju. He looks ashamed, like: Oh no she didn't! Yeap. I did.

So then they do a little hand and foot combo. Our turn. We did the running man, and then i thought to myself, What could i possibly do to "win"? So, although it seemed like a great idea at the time, i proceed to use my legs like a human 'Skipp It'. For those of you who remember the skipp it, thats the best way for me to describe my little move. So then i tell gaby to actually jump over my feet when they come by her.

Jump. And she lands on (not OVER) my feet.

This is one of those you live and learn situations. At my expense. We all had a good long laugh about this. I laughed so hard, my stomach hurt more then my actual feet. I dont recommend this for any of you out there. Never.

After a few moments of dramatizations by Mon, the party continued.

Tragedy #2- Guest goes M.I.A
Juju and i were dancing, when i turn to him and ask where mon & cristina were. I turn to find cristina on the couch. I waive. Where's mon? Hm. I thought he could be downstairs by Juju's parents since they had been down there earlier. I didn't think much about it and continued dancing for at least 3-4 more songs. A few minutes later Gaby came and told me she was tired and was ready to head out. So i went and got her coat, as well as Jesse's. Then Victor and Leah decided to leave as well, so i got them their coats too. They said good bye to everyone and i proceeded to walk them out. We walked down the stairs and i go to open the door. Open, and Lo & Behold there is one poor shivering mon. Oh my god! He had been out there for several minutes with out a coat on. He tried ringing the door bell, but we couldn't hear it over the music. He had his phone with him, but it was no good. Our music was too loud and no one could hear their phones either. I felt horrible.

I quickly pulled him in and helped his frail body up the stairs. Ok, ok, well maybe not FRAIL, but weakened to say the least. I tried to find anything and everything to put on top of him.

I took all the cushions from our couches to try to warm him up and Juju got a blanket from his room.


He was not a happy camper!



Cristina was able to warm him up a bit.

With all the commotion going on we totally forgot to cut my cake. So i did. They sang, i joined in, got scolded for singing my own birthday song and we all had a piece of cake. I made a wish before blowing out the votive candle we used in lieu of a birthday candle. I think my wish was for my foot not be fractured tomorrow. =-)

All in all, with or without tragedies, this was the best birthday ever. I am still so amazed at Juju's thoughtfulness. He ceases to amaze me. I truly have a wonderful, wonderful man! I knew 23 was going to be great ;-)

1 comment:

limonsnotcool said...

Brrrrrrrrrr...I was freaking freezing! I think I had a cold sweat in these pics. We had a blast...thanks for the loads of fun! Can't wait to party it up for lil monsito!