Thursday, December 4, 2008

It's My Birthday!


Today, 23 years ago, I was born.

This morning i was woken up by Dulce and Pita (her younger sister, Pita, deriving from Guadalupe; Lupe for short; Lupita out of love; and Pita for short. I like to call her pitation though!) so any how, they came over in the morning to give me some flowers, they were beautiful.
I though that was very thoughtful and sweet of them! I couldn't bring them to work though because they would die in the cold and i don't want to leave them here over the weekend either. So i left them at home.

At work, I was greeted by our traditional potluck birthday food day. This morning, I was contemplating bringing in cupcakes, you know how 7 year old bring them in for classmates on his or her birthday, but i was already running a bit behind schedule, so i decided not too. Perhaps next year.

My sister called with her Happy Birthday Monkey Donkey Zoo song. And my phone hasn't stopped ringing/texting since. Its nice to see such a turn out of well wishes. As you get older, you realize how much a sincere birthday wish means more to you then any barbie or my little pony. All the things that happened over the past year have only made me stronger, smarter, more caring and giving, and a better person over all. It seems like only yesterday i was 22 (lol). Seriously though, Juju and I met when we were 18 and we've grown a lot together, as individuals and as a couple. 22 was a good year (age) for me. I'm sure 23 will be even better.

No comments: