Friday, December 5, 2008

Clelebrate-Part 1

Since I worked late on Thursday, i really had no plans nor intentions of going out. I stopped at Jujus house after work to get a bite to eat since i had not eaten since 1. So he asked if i wanted to go out and have a few beers, but i wasn't too in the mood, plus my feet hurt, but he really wanted to take me out for a bit after working a 12 hour shift. Since I knew that anyone who i would celebrate my birthday with would have to be at work early the next day it was just juju, mon & I. Cristina couldn't join us so that sucked, no offense boys.

So off we go to The General, formerly known as Timers. The music was good, the place was a bit drafty and the bartender (chick) was off. And when i say off i mean she was like on something, perhaps prescription drugs. She instantly forgot what we ordered, left our drinks somewhere else and even "closed" our tab with someone else's credit card. Seriously. Sadly, she could have put the card holder in serious risk of identity theft. When juju told the bartender that wasn't our card she just took it back and gave us ours as if it was no big deal. So we left. I was asked where i wanted to go... and where did i say? VBar! Its located in the heart of our homosexual community. I will use the term gay because when people try to be politically correct about something its because they feel guilty of not liking that specific group. Plus I know people who are gay, and i love them, and they are just another pea in the pod in my eyes. A lot of time nicer then most people i come across. But i digress.
They had a live DJ playing some great music, the drinks were great and the overall atmosphere was pleasant. I have to say, i didn't know how Juju and Mon would react about going into Vbar, but they were in from the moment i suggested it, which was really nice of them both. Here are a few pictures of us at Vbar

I bet your wondering why the pictures look that way, well, messing around with the setting i discovered the option for soft snaps, where it actually changes the timing on the shutter to produce different effects. That's why it looks like we are standing still yet the world around us is moving at a rapid speed.

See, here i am with my drink, again, I'm enjoying the moment as 'the world turns'.

I have to say, out of all the pictures, this one of Mon is my favorite. It looks like he's have the BEST time of his life. Seriously, you'd think it was his birthday.


So after VBar closed we went to Omega. We had to eat something?! Mon told our waitress it was my birthday so she brought me a huge honking peace of chocolate cake, with a candle and all. At the end of the night, i was very happy Juju 'dragged' me out. I had a great time, and its only Thursday! (well, was) We'll most likely do something on Saturday night. Part 2 anyone?

No comments: