Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tic Toc

The countdown has begun. 15 days left to book the DJ, Flowers, Photographer and Cake.

I have made some progress. We met with a florist who is working on a quote for us. Her style was a little bit more 'traditional' then what we were looking for, but i made sure i showed her tons of photos of what im looking for. I liked the fact that she works from home, so she is able to cut some of the middle man costs. What i didn't like, is that she just assumed we were going to have her service our wedding. She asked whether or not i was going to leave a deposit. And I'm going to be honest with you, i have a hard time saying no to people. (I just spent 15 minutes listening to some one go on and on about how i won a trip to Orlando Florida for 6 days and 5 nights. They had been calling me all day yesterday and today and today i decided i would finally answer and tell them i wasn't interested. 15 minutes later, i was on hold for the ticketing dept. I hung up.) So as she kept mentioning the deposit i did all the beating around the bush i could do and then Juju jumps in with a firm 'we want to keep our options open' and that was that. Way to go babe! Anyhow, i think we will end going with her, I just didn't like the somewhat pushy tactics she was using.

For the photographer, we know who we want. They are R&R Photography. We absolutely loved their work. The prices were a bit higher then what we were wanting to spend, but when you think about your wedding day all your really going to have left (tangible) is your pictures. Well yes, your dress too, but your not going to whip it out while entertaining your guests! Or am i? I'll try not to. What i liked about them the most is that they were upfront and honest. Their style was more of a photo journalistic approach and that was important to Juju. Their books and re print were by far the least expensive that we have seen around. They weren't trying to push a sale. Oh and if all that wanst enough, while flipping through one of their sample books we came across the priest who will be marrying Juju & I. Coincidence? I dont think so!

My future father in law called the DJ we want to use today and got us a quote. All Juju & I have to do is discuss a few option details and we can go sign the contract and leave the deposit.

So far so good.

No comments: