Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Bridesmaids Bouquets

I started making my Bridesmaids bouquets with the help of Nati this past weekend. I purchase all the materials at Michael's, with a 30% entire purchase coupon of course! I was a little apprehensive about the girls having silk flowers, but my friend used all silk flowers for her wedding and even for her bouquet. Her flowers looked amazing and were a fraction of the cost of real ones.

Also, I didn't want to purchase a single color, or have them look monotone, so i wanted a nice mix of color. They are not completely finished, but this is what i have done thus far.

I purchased 16 stems/4 different colors to make 8 bouquets.

Here a few steps to the process:

1.Remove the flower bud it self from each individual 'branch'. Be careful to pull from the bottom of the flower bud, or else you could potentially tear off the petals themselves. Once you are done, the stem should look like this...

Here are all the actual buds off the flower. 2. Place buds back onto stems- I separated the 4 colors of flowers. I wanted them to be somewhat mixed, so i arranged a little assembly line and began with white, then pink, then green, and lastly the dark pink. I started around the outside and worked my way towards the center.

For some reason, even though all the flowers were the same just different colors, the branches & buds weren't interchangeable. So some colors, specifically the white one, had a smaller hole, then the rest. So what i had to do is literally shave off some of the plastic tip on the branch so that the flower bud would fit.


And since the buds/branches weren't all the same size, some buds were too big for the branch. My simple solution was to hot glue each bud onto the branch. Simple enough right? Well, i seem to have forgotten that i was working with plastic and melted a few of the branch tips with the hot glue. It took me a while to get the hang of it, but after a while i was a pro.

Tonight, i have one more stem to go and i will hopefully get them tied up and fully assembled. I will post the results tomorrow.

No comments: