Thursday, April 30, 2009

In the News

As of Tuesday night i really wasn't too worried about the Swine Flu. I mean i knew that it was out there and it was spreading, but recently it has hit closer to home. Actually about 8 blocks away from home. A few schools in the area have closed indefinitely. The high school i went to is one of the MPS schools that is closed. Even some non-MPS schools are closing precautionary measures. Its scary to think that this has spread so fast and to so many places.

As i watched the news last night, they had footage of police officers on foot literally handing out face masks. Hell last night at Leon's some girl in line in front of me had a face mask on. I'm usually never this concerned with 'outbreaks' but the CDC increased the Pandemic level to 5 out of 6 last night.

I hope everyone out there is taking this seriously and is taking any precautions in their ability. If you experience any flu symptoms, rather be safe then sorry, have it checked out. I know i will.

Updated to add: I think the animals are finally taking their revenge on humanity- Avian flu, Monkeypox virus, Chicken pox, and now Swine Flu?

No comments: