Sunday, April 26, 2009

Wedding Meltdown

Friday had to be by far one of the worst days in wedding planning history. I wont get into nitty gritty details of the issue, nor will i put anyone's name out. As i have said many times, the priest who will be marrying us is quite a busy man. He is extremely hard to get a hold of. After weeks of playing a phone tag by myself I finally got in contact with him. Matter of fact his receptionist called ME while he was there since she knew the trouble i had getting in touch with him.

In a nut shell, he was very rude, short (no pun intended) and just plain mean. He questioned me as to why i hadn't done what he had asked of us. He proceeded to insult my priorities and short of calling me a liar, asked me the same question over and over again. For those who know me, i am quiet the emotional, chicken hearted, 'it wasn't my intention to ruin the surprise', type of girl. At this point, im trying to answer his demanding questions when he simply says "Im sorry but i wont be able to marry you" Just like that.

Im sorry? You're sorry? For what? for not being there to do your job. Or for putting a screeching halt to our wedding? I cried and cried until my contacts nearly came out of my eyes. I frantically called my mom, juju, nico, emailed my sister, basically anyone that would answer. My head was spinning. I immediately began thinking of what we were going to do if he refused to marry us. All of our invitations are out. We could simply get married at the courthouse, but that's no what i wanted. I then called a priest at my church to vent and get his advice. He was so graceful as to lend his support and offered to celebrate our service if the other priest refused to marry us. He even wrote us a letter to deliver to the other priest.

He agreed to meet with us on Saturday, were he his attitude, although still a bit rude, was much changed from Friday. He proceeded to fill out all the paperwork the Archdiocese needed from him, and we talked and discussed our next options. At one point he did apologize and with that, the wedding was back on- well it was never really off, but close to hitting a major road block.
I spent the entire weekend thinking. I thought about how close we came to drastically changing our wedding ceremony location. I thought about how sad i became when the though of us not getting married popped into my head. I know everything is fine now, but this experience really shook me up, i wasn't able to sleep, i literally felt sick/nauseous and just all together out of it. I'm glad we were able to patch things up and continue with the church preparations.

On a lighter note, i am 97.5% done with the BM bouquets-more on that later.

No comments: