Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Burgers & Beers

Since we are spending an arm & a leg and a few toes on the wedding we decided to have a casual cookout for the rehearsal dinner. Nothing fancy, a few burgers, beers and paper plates. That's how i roll. (and soon 'we')

Being the savvy consumer that i am, i purchased a bunch of 2 liters of Pepsi products when the grocery store had them at 10 for $10. I bought 20 of them, and saved 16 dollars. I'm sure we wont use them all at the rehearsal, but i figured if we had any left over we could always save them for the gift opening.

Also, on Monday, while grocery shopping with my mom, i saw that the ground beef was on sale as well. And what are burgers made of boys and girls? Beef! So i bought 15 pounds of beef, on sale for 1.99 and saved 22 dollars!

Sometimes juju looks at me a little weird when i come home with 15 pounds of beef. But there's a method to my madness, plus there's also bottom to my pocket.

So far so good. I'll most likely get the hot dogs, buns (burger & hot dog) as Sam's club or Woodman's. So if you see a good deal on Chips/Plates/Cups/Napkins/Charcoal/Lighter fluid let me know! Seriously, don't just read this and go about your day. When you're out shopping and you see any of the before mentioned items on sale let a girl know.

Now all i have to do is get a hold of the lady (who also serves as the decorator) at the church to make sure she opens the church for us.

No comments: