Friday, January 16, 2009

What's in the name?

125 days until i become Mrs.Juju.

When i first started this blog, it took me a while to come up with the name. I brainstormed and even asked for suggestions from a few friends. Although the main purpose of this blog was to document our planning and preparation for our wedding, it has evolved to much more then that. I remember, before i had any followers, i would tell myself that i had anonymous readers that didnt want to officially 'follow' my blog. And then one day, as i was showing my sister gaby i noticed this I was exctatic! I had a follower, i rolled my mouse over to the icon to find that Juju was my first follower. I nearly fell over my chair laughing. A good laugh thought, because it took me by surprise because he hadn't mentioned anything. He was my first groupie, my first supporter.

I chose "Becoming Mrs.Juju" vs 'our road to marriage', 'a journey to the aisle', etc., because i realized, my blog life wont end once i become married. Matter of fact, that only begins one of many new chapters in my life. I came to 'Becoming Mrs.Juju' because it means more then many people think. Cute? Yes. But also figuratively and literally, that is what will happen on the day of our wedding and all the days following that. I will become one with him. As the Scriptures say, “A man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one.” (Ephesians 5:31) And no matter how long we are married for, i will never stop Becoming Mrs.Juju. Everyday i will learn something different and encounter a new decision, obstacle, or adventure. Everyday i will become a bigger part of him, of 'us'. Everyday i will become a new person, wear a new hat and become a better wife than the day before. One day, god willing i will become a mother and thereafter a grandmother. I will always and forever be mrs.Juju, but i will never stop becoming his wife, or the mother to our future children. I will never stop Becoming Mrs.Juju.

2 comments:

Cristy said...

That was a really good post. Girl go on with your bad self. jajaja

Anonymous said...

You B!
You made me cry!!!