Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Who's a Loser?!?

I am!

I would like to report a 4.5 pound weight loss. That's right, I just shaved off a year of expansion in two weeks. I have to say its not as easy as i thought. Its a lot easier to gain than to lose, that's a no brainer. But I have to say, its nice not living with the fear that, at any given moment, my button could fly off and injure an innocent bystander. I'm being a responsible citizen.

In the last two weeks, i have been to the gym at least 10 times. I have also been making better food choices. I have been keeping a journal of everything i consume in a day, not to mention counting the calories. I have been eating about 1350 to 1500 calories a day in combination with regular visits to the gym. It has not been easy, there is a lot of temptations out there. You don't know how many times I've craved a strawberry pecan sundae from Leon's. Or wanted a second serving of carbs. BUT, i did not succumb to temptations. I do still reward myself with 1 serving of snacks, whether it be chocolate covered pretzels (yumm-o) or maybe kettle corn popcorn. I think that i have been successful thus far because i don't deny myself from having a tasty snack, i didn't cut out sugars or chocolate. I felt that if i did, the moment my palette would have a bite of the 'forbidden' fruit i would binge.

I'm happy with my efforts and results so far. I cant wait to give you another update, hopefully it will be a loss just as good as this one.

No comments: