Monday, November 24, 2008

Courtesy Basket


I purchased our courtesy bathroom baskets at Michael's a few days ago. They were inexpensive. It was 1 large and 2 small wicker baskets with linen lining for 30 dollars. But wait! I had a 50% off coupon, so they were only 15. And I will be able to re use them later.


Last night, I went to target to pick up a new windshield ice scrapper thing and I thought to take a walk over by the 'trial size' items to estimate how much I was going to spend. I have to admit, I was in awe at how cute some of these items where. I mean, have you ever seen a bar of Dove soap smaller then a potato chip? And the itsy bitsy little bottles of lotion?

I decided to buy them, I mean, why wait? That will be one thing i can cross off my long to do list. So I went to get a basket and filled it with tons of things...
I bought:
Mouthwash
Aspirin
Mini Lint rollers
Hand sanitizer
Shout Wipes
Dental Floss
Deodorant
Mints
Facial Tissue
Gum
Hand Lotion
Hair spray/mousse

Then there is a few more items for the Women's basket, they get everything above plus:
Hair ties
Bobby Pins
Nail Files
Female hygiene products

I think that's it, so far, I'm not sure what else I could be missing. I'm sure I'll think of something else and go back for more stuff.

I debated back and forth with myself whether or not I would purchase the deodorant, they are travel size, and its one of those things you really don't usually share. (only in the event of an emergency) I mean, if any of our guest, really, really, really needs it, they can always wipe it off and use it. Right?

I stood there, as the cashier rang every single one of my travel sized items. She looked at me funny. I just gazed off into space with a grin on my face, waiting for her to finish. Beep. Beep. Beep. 30 bucks. Not bad, considering I had just about everything I needed for the baskets, and the tissues for the angel tears packages!

I'll post pictures in a bit!

No comments: