Saturday, November 8, 2008

Meet the man

Nick and I met in the summer of 04'. Ah yes that summer. I started working at an elementary school as a fine arts instructor. I spotted him the first day and though he was a looker, but really didn't know much about him. Later on i found out he was my boss's son. Nice. Well i randomly struck up a conversation one day, made him an offer he couldn't refuse and the rest is history, or destiny some might say.

Every day during my lunch hour I would enjoy some quiet time. Me, my turkey sandwich, on wheat, and a book. I know, I know, wild! But i enjoyed it. I was a nice time to relax and have some quiet time away from the kids. I noticed that Nick (Juju... deriving from JujuMan [I'll explain later]) always left for lunch. So i asked him one day what he did for lunch. He proceeded to tell me he went out for lunch, fast food, whatever was closest. So i told him that i ate by myself ( sounds sad huh?) and he was welcomed to join me.

We didn't actually spend any time together alone until one, destiny stricken day. I brought in left overs and was pulling them out of the fridge in the teachers lounge. Nick and my boss were in the teachers lounge. I went to open up my tupperwear to pop it in the microwave, when lo and behold, sitting in front of me was a tupperwear FULL of BEANS. That's right, good ole' refried beans. I grabbed the wrong one in the morning, trying not to be late to work. So i had two choices, either eat the beans, A LOT of beans, or ask nick if he could pick me up some lunch, I explained the situation, with out getting into too much details about the beans, and he told me to come with. And from that moment forward we just stuck together.

What a story for the grand kids huh?

No comments: