Thursday, November 27, 2008

T'was the night before thanksgiving...


And we were Chicago bound. It was just us girls (my sister Gaby, Cookie & I)and our mochas...

My uncle Leonardo was coming from PA for the thanksgiving weekend before returning back to his family in Mexico. He has been here since april, back when juju and I got engaged. We were to pick him up at the greyhound station around midnight, he and a few other people drove here and they were going to drop him off and we would pick up the road trip from there. Even though we had a GPS we still, somehow managed to take a few wrong turns. Shortly before arriving at the greyhound station my uncle called and said he would meet us at the oasis near Gurnee, IL, but since we were past Gurnee we agreed to meet at the O'Hare airport oasis.

We finally made it. Sweet success.

We packed his bags into my car and headed back home, but not before taking a few more wrong turns. We made a stop at Jalisco's for a 'quick' 3am bite. Yes, you read that right. 3 in the morning.

I felt bad for cookie, she couldn't quite get confortable. She tried falling asleep but Megan (the lady inside the GPS) spoke loudly. Sadly, i think we easily spent close to $10 dollars at the tollways. Seriously. I got on and off the freeway so many times! Sometimes, I feared that I would get the same person and they would call me out on the fact that i had just passed through their.

All in all we had a good & safe trip. We went to bed around 4:15 in the morning. In a few more hours, it would be time for thanksgiving dinner.

No comments: