Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The proposal

It was a normal wednesday afternoon, 9:15 if i recall correctly. Juju and I were watching Dan in real life, nothing amazing, typical movie, boy meets girl, girl is taken, ... etc. As we sat there, Juju kept his hand in his pocket, i didn't really think much of it, in fact, i didnt think it was odd for him to get up mid-movie to hop in the shower. As I said goodbye to juju, his hug lasted a little longer then usual, he then proceed to fall to one knee and and ask me to marry him.

I cried.

For a while, in a matter of fact. Juju simply stood there, on one knee, waiting on a response. YES! (duh) I jumped up and hugged him. I ran from room to room searching for someone to share the news with.

I drove home that night, quite distracted. I think I stared at my hand most of the time. Im getting married! I am getting married to a wonderful man. I wanted to scream it out the window, which I later opted not to.
The funny thing is, that it was not the most romantic proposal. I was in a t-shirt and jeans, but it was perfect.

No comments: